I know I say this ALL the time, but I just love this gift of being a mom! Sure, it has it's hard times, and I am not always very good at it, but in the end - I LOVE IT! Tonight as we were reading in the scriptures in 3rd Nephi, we were reading about Christ's death, and Beck turns to me and says, "Mom, I want to talk to Jesus!" Then he does what I love the very most and pulled out his pretend phone (he uses one hand as his phone and dials the number with his other hand - SO CUTE!) He says,"Hi Jesus, oh ya... you want to talk to Mommy?" Then hands me the phone so I can to talk to Jesus. I am so thankful for the innocence of a child and the clear reminder that our Savior is only a "phone call" away. I tried to use it as a teaching moment to explain that instead of calling Jesus, we can just pray to him anytime we want, but I think Beck still likes the idea of calling him on his phone, and that is fine by me.
Some of my favorite phrases from Beckam:
"Here'd ya go"
"It's too big!" (while grunting)
"It's Geckam's turn!"
Beck, what's your name? "My name is B, B, B, Geckam"
... and the list keeps growing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment