Monday, June 25, 2012

Our First Official Family Vacation!

We took off on our first official family vacation at the beginning of June and we had so much fun!  Our first stop was to one of our favorite places... Taggart's Grill.
Our next stop was Heber City/Midway and we had so much fun staying in Mark's sister's condo.  Thanks Jan for letting us hang out with your sweet family and enjoy beautiful Midway. 
Beck got to hang out with one of his favorite cousins... Shiloh!  They had so much fun together and we loved our time with Jan and Jimmy.

Our condo had a big jetted tub and Beck was in heaven!  He loved taking a bath with lots of bubbles and enjoying some splash time.
These two had so much fun swimming together.  I wanted to get in with them so bad, but this pregnant belly of mine doesn't have a swimsuit :)
Mark's sister Jan and Shiloh... she is such a wonderful person!
I can't get enough of these two rascals.  I am so thankful for the amazing man I am married to!  He is definitely the best decision I have ever made and I am so thankful for the way that he loves Beckam and me.  He truly is amazing!

Beck learning some swimming skills from his cute Dad.

Beck loved the chance to swim in the pool and then dip his feet into the hot tub which has natural hot spring water. 
The view from our condo... beautiful!

We had to find a park and "play toys" as Beck calls it.  It is so fun to watch him try new things and discover his many abilities.  We are so blessed to have such a cute little munchkin with one on the way!

He is such a stud :)  This is how we found him after he was out of the bath.  Just chillin like a villain!
Our condo had the coolest spiral staircase and loft.  Beck loved going up and down, up and down.
Just my sweetie showing off his best side :)
Up and down, up and down!  He thought the loft was his territory and he was pretty thrilled to be sleeping in a new house.
Such a fun place to vacation.  Here we are our cute family of three soon to be four.  This is me and the babe at 29 weeks.
Oh how we love our Lexe!  She is truly a rockstar and we are so thankful for her strength and example.  She was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myleoid Leukemia) on April 20th.  She had so many exciting things right around the corner, her 18th birthday, graduation from Alta High, and she had signed with University of Arizona to play soccer with them starting in July.  She is now fighting for her life and just finished her second round of chemo.  She is one of the most amazing girls I know and I am so thankful for her amazing attitude and perspective.  Beckam thinks she is the greatest and LOVED his time playing ball and jumping with Lexe. 
We love you Lex and are praying for you!  You will kick Leukemia!
Beck also got to see and spend time with his Grandma and Grandpa.  He loves these two so much and they are such great examples to us.  They are serving a mission for the church at the Church Office Building.  Mom is the medical screener for all senior couples and Dad is the office manager.  They just started at the first of June and Beck loves going to see them.  He often says, "Grandma and Grandpa live by the temple and Follow the Prophet."  Thanks Mom and Dad for your wonderful example and for being such an amazing support to our family.  We love you!
City Creek is such a fun place to visit!  We definitely need to spend more time there, we were kind of at the end of our rope I was swelling up like a balloon and Beck was tired beyond belief.  That must mean we had a great time on our first official family vacation! 

3 comments:

Jaci said...

Such a fun family getaway! I am happy you guys got to do this! Can we come next time?? :)

John and Anna said...

So Fun!!!! I love seeing pictures of you and your cute family!!! I think we need to meet at a park and have our boys play. I think Cache would love it. And I would love to just catch up with you!!! :)

M and M said...

Jaci- we would LOVE to have you guys with us next time!
Anna - I would love to get together with you. I am sure Beck would love to play with Cache! Now that I am working from home we can do it lots more! Are you still thinking of preschool for Cache?