Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Big Boy!

He is becoming such a big boy! No longer sitting in the high chair - now he is sitting on the stool at the bar or sitting on his booster seat at the table. I just love each new stage with our little rascal, but I especially love this stage - he is jabbering away and I love to hear what he comes up with everyday. His latest favorite thing is to go see the "gucks," and he thinks that we can go see them anytime of day - rain or shine - He is so full of personality and make us laugh endlessly!
He is obsessed with pulling things out of drawers, dumping every container he can find, and keeping us on our toes. He successfully pulled out every utensil we own and made his own display on our coffee table. Every time I pull out the camera I get this face and I love it! It is his "cheese" face!
He is the best helper in the kitchen. One of his favorite things is to help me grind the wheat for our weekly homemade bread adventures. I do love his help, but sometimes he is a little too helpful :)


I feel so grateful to be Beckam's mom! He is truly the light of our lives and we have so much fun together. It is so exciting to watch him discover life each day.

It is so refreshing to see him discover and enjoy the most simple things in life. Whether he is pointing to the airplane in the sky or being amazed at the workings of a salad spinner, it definitely helps me to stop and smell the roses and re-evaluate what is most important in life. I love the gift of motherhood and marriage and strive everyday to be thankful for what the Lord has so richly blessed me with.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I CANNOT believe he is 2! Time fly's by so quickly. But what a cute little 2-year old you have. I can tell he has such a quirky fun personality!

Jaci said...

Your weekly bread!? That is awesome Mindee! Way to be domestic! I forgot you guys were starting this. You are amazing! Beck is a darling helper!!