I hope to never relive the experience we had on March 23rd! Mark called me after school around 3:40 and told me that everything was okay and I needed to remain calm... I immediately thought "ya right!" what happened!!!!
Beckam had gone out to get the mail with Grandma and was following her back into the house. Once they got to the porch, Mom walked in and put the mail down, and as when she went back out to find out where Beck was, he was gone. She searched the house, the yard, and couldn't find him anywhere. At that moment she realized that he could have wandered off so she called Dad to find out what to do next (he was golfing with Jon). At that same moment Dad felt like he should call her and told her to then call 911. On his way home, Dad called Mark at Bear River Middle School to let him know that he needed to call them right away. Mark called them right after school was out and immediately left and drove to their house to begin searching. He was distraught and felt so helpless. When he got to Mom and Dad's there were four police officers along with lots of neighbors looking for Beck.
Dad had gone out on his four wheeler and thought that the logical thing would be to go down the middle road (next to the canal - thank goodness it was empty), but he felt like he should go down to the lower road. Thank goodness he followed this prompting, because it in turn saved Beck's life! He drove down to the Norr Dairy (Beck had visited the cows with Grandma here the day before) and then cut up on a side road to the middle canal road. As soon as he approached the canal road he saw Beck's little head bobbing up and down and Beck was headed north farther down the road. As soon as he heard Grandpa coming, he turned around and looked very worried, but relieved to see Grandpa. Grandpa picked him up and drove him home on the four wheeler, and Mark and Mom were SO RELIEVED to see him! He seemed a little aloof to what happened until he saw Grandma extremely upset and then I think it began to sink in what had happened.
I can't even begin to describe the extreme fear I felt as Mark recounted what happened. I have never felt so frightened, helpless, and thankful that Beck was found safe and sound. There were so many awful things that could have happened... he could have been hit by a car on the highway or lower road, fell into the steep canal, been taken by someone, or worse if he would have traveled 30 more yards down the road there are vicious dogs that would have attacked him. I believe I have always felt very thankful for the blessing that Beckam and Mark are in my life, but this experience has given me a renewed sense of gratitude and humility for all that I have - especially my sweet baby boy.
As Mark and I continue to reflect on this experience, we are grateful beyond words that Beckam is safe and with us today. We are also very thankful that Dad Taylor was in tune with the Spirit and followed the promptings he received that day. We have felt and know that there were angels watching over our sweet baby boy and that he is supposed to still be with us today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow Mindee! I can't even imagine what you were feeling. I am so glad that you have a happy ending to a scary story. Thank goodness for the quick response and action of so many people. Glad everyone is okay. :)
Mindy! Oh I'm so glad little beck is ok and that there were angels with him! My heart is racing after reading this experience! What's crazy is I just read anther friends blog that told a similar experience with their boy just yesterday. What is going on!?!
Anna! That is crazy! It seriously was the most horrific experience! I hope your friend had a happy ending as well... Life is so precious!
That is sooo scary! We lost little Mason (3 1/2 yrs) the other day for about 45 min. and it scared me to death. All those feelings came back as I read your story. I'm so glad you had so many people to help you and that everyone was following the promptings they received. Glad it turned out good in the end.
Post a Comment