Saturday, July 30, 2011
I love Sanpete!
Our Taylor family reunion was in Sanpete County this summer! It was so fun for me (Mark was a good sport about it) to take a walk down memory lane and revisit my good old Snow College days. I LOVED my two years in that great valley and have many fond memories! We set out on the long drive in the late afternoon on Thursday, because I had a Core Academy training, and arrived at the Manti pageant with one or two hours to spare. We walked around, took a ride on a tractor train, and visited with Mark's family. Our carefree time came to a screeching halt when Beck puked all over Mark, our blankets, and our chairs. AHHHH!!! We felt so bad and it was a tricky beginning to a short lived reunion.
Last year we did an Amazing Race for our family reunion and it was so much fun. This year I created an Amazing Race - Sanpete Style - and I think it went well. Mark, Beck, and I took a few detours so this is Beck hanging out on the rock benches with rock books on Snow College campus.
Just like True Aggie Night - there was a True Badger Night at Snow and I never became a True Badger. So we did our own little re-enactment. Don't mind out smooching :)
Please excuse my frumpiness... The "natural" side of me comes out when camping! This is where I spent my two years at Snow College - Mountain View Apartments.
First stop on our race around Sanpete Valley - the statue of Moroni on the Manti Temple grounds.
Our friendly tractor train conductor. He was such a nice man and gave Beck a free ride, but don't worry we took care of him after he told us how much his little business was struggling ;)
Our cute little family on the train... I just love my boys! Unfortunately our adventures in Sanpete valley were cut short, because Beck continued to throw up and feel really sick for the rest of the night on Thursday and Friday morning. So we headed back to beautiful Cache Valley after only 24 hours... oh well! We had a good time while it lasted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor little guy :( Gotta love the good 'ol Snow College days, haha :)
Well..it truly was an adventure!! So sorry he was feeling so sick, poor little fella!
Post a Comment