It truly was a choice experience to be raised in such a beautiful place and have such wonderful parents. Now that I have this privilege of being a mom... I often reflect on how grateful I am for my parents and for all they taught me. I am so thankful for lessons learned of hard work, tough love, finishing a job (even though you might totally hate it - picking up rocks!), appreciation for animals, learning how to work together, and all of the wild and crazy memories:
- getting mowed over by a sawdust cart and my tooth going through my lip
- jumping off the rafters of the barn into the sawdust pile
- changing sprinkler lines in the crisp morning air
- feeding the animals
- waking up in the wee hours of the morning to see if the sow had had her babies yet
- being a midwife to pigs
- getting chased by a cow and thinking I was going to die (I was only 5 or 6 years old)
- walking the pigs to get ready for the fair
- when Dad spooked the pig so that it ran between my legs and I rode it backwards before falling into a pile of manure
- learning how to ride my bike at the farm... Dad thought he would help by gently pushing me down a gravel slope and I fell and crashed HARD!
- getting in fights... there were many of them
- holding baby animals
- so many more... it's hard to write them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment