Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Six Dollar Make Over!

Mark and I explored the wonderful Logan DI last weekend and found this little beauty for $6.00. I thought it would be a perfect "author's" chair for my classroom.


Two cans of spray paint later, some cute fabric, and wonderful Mod Podge, it looks like this! I am so excited to use it in my classroom and currently looking for more pieces of furniture, picture frames, or shoes to make over!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute!

Krystal said...

that is so cute! I want to find a chair like that for my classroom. Love it!!

mcbingham said...

I love it! I need to revamp my author's chair too. Thanks for the inspiration, you're amazing!

Kristen said...

Love it! Furniture makeovers can be so addicting!

Anna Dutson said...

That is amazing! So cute.

Katie said...

That's totally one of our fave things to do too! Roam the DI for some treasures and redo them. So cheap, and fun little projects. RJ actually brought home this horrible desk last year-it was so ugly! After sanding it, recoating it, and putting new handles...SO CUTE! Since we didn't have any room at our house for it I took it to school for my desk there and I LOVE IT! Maybe we'll see ya at the DI! :)

Natalie said...

SO CUTE MIND! Impressive!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Nice job! What a fun addition to your classroom!!

MStevenson said...

That looks AWESOME! Talent! I would have totally passed up that chair! It takes someone with an eye for design to make something cute like that. I bet your house is super cute and decorated. I need you to come give me some tips.